The Travel Clinic, a service of the Division of Infectious Diseases, specializes in making sure your trip is a healthy and safe one, from the months before you leave until after you have returned. No matter where you are going, we have the vaccines and up-to-date information you need.
We provide many services to prepare you for your trip including:
- Preventive measures
- Food and water precautions
- Avoidance of mosquito/insect-borne diseases
- Blood-borne diseases
- High altitude sickness
- Jet lag
Individualized preparation for the traveler with special needs such as:
- Heart disease
All of the necessary vaccinations you will need prior to your trip:
- Validation of international certificates of vaccination required for entry into certain countries
- Prescription for medicines treating illnesses which can affect travelers, such as diarrhea and malaria, if appropriate
- Evaluation and treatment if you become ill
MUSC Health East Cooper
1600 Midtown Avenue
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
To schedule an appointment, please call Central Scheduling at 843-792-9200. Please bring immunization records to consultation.
Please note: the MUSC Health East Cooper Travel Clinic will close permanently on November 15, 2019.
**If traveling with young children (under the age of 17), please contact the Pediatric Travel Clinic at 843-876-0327 to schedule. **
**To schedule with the adoption clinic, please contact 843-792-3955**