Nancy DeMore, M.D. received notification her manuscript titled “Development of a Novel Humanized Monoclonal Antibody to Secreted Frizzled-Related Protein-2 that Inhibits Triple Negative Breast Cancer and Angiosarcoma Growth in vivo” was accepted in Annals of Surgical Oncology.
Stephen Fann, M.D. is currently serving as President of the South Carolina Chapter of the American College of Surgeons.
Andrea Abbott, M.D., MSCR was elected as State Chair to the Commission on Cancer Liaison Program for the American College of Surgeons.
Nancy DeMore, M.D. has been elected to serve on the Board of Directors of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, SC Chapter.
- Mathew Wooster, M.D. Named Department of Surgery Clerkship Director
- Steve Kahn, M.D. joins Department of Surgery; named Burn Director
- Cynthia Talley, M.D. Named Vice Chair of Education
- Mark Rubinstein, Ph.D. Receives $1.98M NIH Funding to Expand Immunotherapy Research for Lung Cancer
- Jean Marie Ruddy, M.D. Receives Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award from the NIH
- Nancy DeMore, M.D. and Shikhar Mehrotra, Ph.D. Receive HCC Funding
- Mahsa Javid, M.D. Ph.D. Receives the Paul LoGerfo Research Award
- Robert Sade, M.D. was honored with the naming of the ethics debate during the annual Southern Thoracic Meeting
- Marc R. Katz, M.D., MPH elected to Active Membership in the American Association for Thoracic Surgery (AATS)
- Evert Eriksson, M.D. voted in for membership to the Western Trauma Association
- Stuart Leon, M.D. recipient of the 2019 MUSC Foundation Outstanding Clinician Award
- Thomas Brothers, M.D. recipient of the 2019 MUSC Foundation Distinguished Faculty Service Award
- Satish Nadig, M.D. named Division Director, Academic Affairs in the Department of Surgery
- Milton Armstrong, M.D. elected to the Board of Directors for the American Association for Hand Surgery
- Jared White, M.D. Joins Division of Transplant Surgery; Named Surgical Director of the Liver Transplant Program
- Hongun Wang, Ph.D. receives $2,154,880 National Institutes of Health Grant to Explore Novel Treatments for Patients with Type 1 Diabetes
Fall 2018 | Spring 2019
- Heather Evans, M.D., vice chair of Clinical Research and Applied Informatics, is co-author on Evaluation of Wound Photography for Remote Postoperative Assessment of Surgical Site Infections published online in JAMA Surgery
- David B. Adams, M.D. honored with Order of the Palmetto, State's Highest Honor
- David Mahvi, M.D. appointed Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs in the MUSC Department of Surgery
- Jean Marie Ruddy, M.D. named Associate Program Director for Resident Research in the MUSC Department of Surgery.
- Alicia R. Privette, M.D. and Ken R. Catchpole, Ph.D., S.C. SmartStateTM Endowed Chair in Clinical Practice and Human Factors at MUSC designed a Smartphone app to improve teamwork and communication in trauma care
- MUSC Surgical Oncologist Dr. Andrea Abbott Earns Certification for Hidden Scar™ Breast Cancer Surgery
- Minoo Kavarana, M.D. honored with 2018 MUSC Foundation Outstanding Clinician Award
- Mark Lockett, M.D. surgeon lead for the South Carolina Surgical Quality Collaborative (SCSQC), secured a $650,000 Duke Endowment
- Rochelle Ringer, M.D. recognized for Top Quality Care | named Hilton Head Hospital’s 2018 Physician of the Year
- Shikar Mehrotra, Ph.D. received a 2018 American Association of Immunologists (AAI) Careers in Immunology Fellowship
- Nancy DeMore, M.D. selected to the Top 10 Medtech Women in Southeast
- Aaron Lesher, M.D. received the ABA-Shriners Best Pediatric Burn Paper Award
- Derek DuBay, M.D. received a $335,000 Duke Endowment
- Katherine Morgan, M.D. honored with 2017 MUSC Foundation Outstanding Clinician Award.
- M. Lance Tavana, M.D. named Program Director for Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency Program
- Satish Nadig, M.D. Ph.D. named Communications Chair for the ASTS
- Nancy DeMore, M.D. appointed MSTP Associate Program Director
- Michael Yost, Ph.D. received a Certificate of Recognition from the State of South Carolina and the South Carolina Academy of Science, signed by Governor Nikki Haley, for excellence in scientific awareness
- H. Biemann Othersen, Jr. M.D. Honored with Naming of Pediatric Operating Suite
- Jean Marie Ruddy, M.D. received the 2017 Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society Early Career Faculty Research Award
- Katherine Morgan, MD, FACS named to New ACS Educational Program
- Steve Kahn, M.D.
- Jared White, M.D.
- Cynthia Talley, M.D.
- Heather Evans, M.D.
- Thomas Curran, M.D., MPH
- Elizabeth Genovese, M.D., MS