- Ravi Veeraswamy, M.D. selected as a finalist for the 2020 Enterprise Physician of the Year.
- Dave Taber, PharmD interviewed by U.S. Medicine, the Voice of Federal Medicine.
- Shikhar Mehrotra, Ph.D. received a Phase I Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grant.
- Heather Evans, M.D., MS invited to join the Annals of Surgery Editorial Board.
- Ashley Hink, M.D., MPH accepted to the 2020 EAST INVEST-C Research Hackathon workshop. Dr. Hink was also voted by the ACS COT executive committee to be a formal consultant to the COT specifically with the Injury Prevention Committee.
- Jared White, M.D. named General Surgery Associate Program Director of Curriculum, effective July 1, 2020.
- Robert M. Sade., M.D. recognized as an Expertscape World Expert in Professional Ethics, as announced February 3, 2020, by independent ranking platform Expertscape.com. Dr. Sade received this recognition for being in the top 0.1% of scholars writing about Professional Ethics over the past 10 years.
- Nancy DeMore, M.D. appointed to serve as a Member of the Scientific Program Committee for the Society of Surgical Oncology.
- David Mahvi, M.D. received notification his presentation of “African American Surgeons in the south after WWII – Separate … but Equal?” at the 2019 annual Halsted Society meeting has been chosen to receive the seventh annual Peter D. Olch Award for best history paper.
- Cynthia Talley, M.D. has been selected to join the Board of Directors for the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (EAST). Dr. Talley will serve as the Education Division Chair, which oversees the Annual Program and Online Education Committees.
- Heather Evans, M.D., MS is appointed to serve as a member of the Surviving Sepsis Campaign Steering Committee for the Society of Critical Care Medicine. Her appointment will be for a two- year term with the possibility for one renewable two year term.
Evert Eriksson, M.D. was named chair and Steven Kahn, M.D. was named co- chair of the Lowcountry Regional Trauma Advisory Council (LC-RTAC).
MUSC Children’s Heart Center has once again earned a distinguished three-star rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for its patient care and outcomes in congenital heart surgery.
- Katy Morgan, M.D. confirmed by the American College of Surgeons as the SESC Representative to the ACS Advisory Council for General Surgery.
- Jean Marie Ruddy, M.D. selected to participate in the inaugural cohort of the Leadership Development Program, a collaborative effort between the Society for Vascular Surgery, Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, and the Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society. Dr. Ruddy was also selected to attend the Association of American Medical Colleges 2019 Mid-Career Women Faculty Leadership Development Seminar.
- Aaron Lesher, M.D. named IDeA Fellow 2019. The NIH IDeA fellowship was launched in 2015 under the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD).
- Cynthia Talley, M.D. appointed Chair of the Member Service Committee of the Young Fellows Association (YFA) of the American College of Surgeons for a two-year term
Nancy DeMore, M.D. received notification her manuscript titled “Development of a Novel Humanized Monoclonal Antibody to Secreted Frizzled-Related Protein-2 that Inhibits Triple Negative Breast Cancer and Angiosarcoma Growth in vivo” was accepted in Annals of Surgical Oncology.
Stephen Fann, M.D. is currently serving as President of the South Carolina Chapter of the American College of Surgeons.
Andrea Abbott, M.D., MSCR was elected as State Chair to the Commission on Cancer Liaison Program for the American College of Surgeons.
Nancy DeMore, M.D. has been elected to serve on the Board of Directors of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, SC Chapter.
- Mathew Wooster, M.D. Named Department of Surgery Clerkship Director
- Steve Kahn, M.D. joins Department of Surgery; named Burn Director
- Cynthia Talley, M.D. Named Vice Chair of Education
- Mark Rubinstein, Ph.D. Receives $1.98M NIH Funding to Expand Immunotherapy Research for Lung Cancer
- Jean Marie Ruddy, M.D. Receives Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award from the NIH
- Nancy DeMore, M.D. and Shikhar Mehrotra, Ph.D. Receive HCC Funding
- Mahsa Javid, M.D. Ph.D. Receives the Paul LoGerfo Research Award
- Robert Sade, M.D. was honored with the naming of the ethics debate during the annual Southern Thoracic Meeting
- Marc R. Katz, M.D., MPH elected to Active Membership in the American Association for Thoracic Surgery (AATS)
- Evert Eriksson, M.D. voted in for membership to the Western Trauma Association
- Stuart Leon, M.D. recipient of the 2019 MUSC Foundation Outstanding Clinician Award
- Thomas Brothers, M.D. recipient of the 2019 MUSC Foundation Distinguished Faculty Service Award
- Satish Nadig, M.D. named Division Director, Academic Affairs in the Department of Surgery
- Milton Armstrong, M.D. elected to the Board of Directors for the American Association for Hand Surgery
- Jared White, M.D. Joins Division of Transplant Surgery; Named Surgical Director of the Liver Transplant Program
- Hongun Wang, Ph.D. receives $2,154,880 National Institutes of Health Grant to Explore Novel Treatments for Patients with Type 1 Diabetes
Fall 2018 | Spring 2019
- Heather Evans, M.D., vice chair of Clinical Research and Applied Informatics, is co-author on Evaluation of Wound Photography for Remote Postoperative Assessment of Surgical Site Infections published online in JAMA Surgery
- David B. Adams, M.D. honored with Order of the Palmetto, State's Highest Honor
- David Mahvi, M.D. appointed Vice Chair of Clinical Affairs in the MUSC Department of Surgery
- Jean Marie Ruddy, M.D. named Associate Program Director for Resident Research in the MUSC Department of Surgery.
- Alicia R. Privette, M.D. and Ken R. Catchpole, Ph.D., S.C. SmartStateTM Endowed Chair in Clinical Practice and Human Factors at MUSC designed a Smartphone app to improve teamwork and communication in trauma care
- MUSC Surgical Oncologist Dr. Andrea Abbott Earns Certification for Hidden Scar™ Breast Cancer Surgery
- Minoo Kavarana, M.D. honored with 2018 MUSC Foundation Outstanding Clinician Award
- Mark Lockett, M.D. surgeon lead for the South Carolina Surgical Quality Collaborative (SCSQC), secured a $650,000 Duke Endowment
- Rochelle Ringer, M.D. recognized for Top Quality Care | named Hilton Head Hospital’s 2018 Physician of the Year
- Shikar Mehrotra, Ph.D. received a 2018 American Association of Immunologists (AAI) Careers in Immunology Fellowship
- Nancy DeMore, M.D. selected to the Top 10 Medtech Women in Southeast
- Aaron Lesher, M.D. received the ABA-Shriners Best Pediatric Burn Paper Award
- Derek DuBay, M.D. received a $335,000 Duke Endowment
- Katherine Morgan, M.D. honored with 2017 MUSC Foundation Outstanding Clinician Award.
- M. Lance Tavana, M.D. named Program Director for Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency Program
- Satish Nadig, M.D. Ph.D. named Communications Chair for the ASTS
- Nancy DeMore, M.D. appointed MSTP Associate Program Director
- Michael Yost, Ph.D. received a Certificate of Recognition from the State of South Carolina and the South Carolina Academy of Science, signed by Governor Nikki Haley, for excellence in scientific awareness
- H. Biemann Othersen, Jr. M.D. Honored with Naming of Pediatric Operating Suite
- Jean Marie Ruddy, M.D. received the 2017 Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society Early Career Faculty Research Award
- Katherine Morgan, MD, FACS named to New ACS Educational Program
- Carlos Zayas, M.D.
- Steve Kahn, M.D.
- Jared White, M.D.
- Cynthia Talley, M.D.
- Heather Evans, M.D.
- Thomas Curran, M.D., MPH
- Elizabeth Genovese, M.D., MS