Richard Jones, M.D.
Please contact Dr. Jones for research opportunities in his lab.
Medical Student Coordinator
Several different research projects are available for student involvement:
- Radiologist performance ability to differentiate fractures suggestive of child abuse from bone changes in rickets
- AI to automatically map the left atrium and pulmonary veins on cardiac CT angiography prior to atrial fibrillation ablation
- Comparison of Quantitative and Qualitative Evaluation of Iodine Content in Renal Lesions using Dual Energy CT
- Predictors of unsuccessful gastrostomy to gastrojejunostomy conversion in children
- Intraoperative fluoroscopy in pediatric orthopaedics: Establishing norms for time and dose
- Barium Bake Shop: Can you make a radiopaque cookie that children actually want to eat?
- Case report: Scurvy-MRI appearance in patient with rash, autism, and multiple vitamin deficiencies
- Case report: Henoch-schonlein purpura-unusual musculoskeletal involvement on MRI mimicking infection
- Case report: Amyand hernia containing a pin --- fourth reported case since original description in 1700s, with first reported CT imaging
- AI to automatically detect and diagnose lung cancer on chest CT
- Deep texture feature analysis of mediastinal lymph nodes on chest CT to diagnose metastatic disease
- Development of new MRI sequence to help diagnose heart failure with preserved ejection fraction
- To evaluate the relationship between brain volume loss, and neuropsychiatric symptoms such as anxiety and depression in subjects enrolled in the Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative, including elderly controls, subjects with mild cognitive impairment (MCI), and Alzheimer's disease (AD).
- Effects of spaceflight on the human brain.
- Computer skills including familiarity with the linux/ubuntu operating system and script development required.
- Experience using FSL is a plus.
- Due to lengthy regulatory paperwork, must commit to spending the full three months on the project.