3T Ancillary Equipment
- Presentation Computers:
- 2x Windows 10 (1803) Dell Precision 5820 rack mounted workstations with Intel Quad Core Processors, GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Graphics Cards
- Supports E-Prime 2 and E-Prime 3 (Eprime 3 is strongly preferred).
- One workstation is dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04.
- 13-inch, mid 2012 Macbook Air, running OSX 10.8.5 to support MIST and MATLAB 2012a running Psychtoolbox 3.0.12. Used for legacy experiments.
- Connected to Projection system, button response boxes, eyetracker, MRI audio system, triggers from MRI scanner
- MR-compatible projector used for presenting visual stimulus during fMRI studies.
- Output image is reflected on projection screen for viewing.
- View additional information from the vendor (PDF).
Current Designs 932 Button Boxes
- Primary MRI subject response system is the Pyka handpad, which can be used in either left or right hand
- Simple USB-HID interface, sub 1ms latency
- FORP Pyka
- Additional handpads for specific studies
- Two Button Blue Yellow Response Pad
MRA fMRI Button Box
- MRA Inc. button response console.
- MR-compatible, five button adjustable Velcro subject response unit.
- Windows and MAC compatible using Cedrus rb-834 drivers.
- Adjustable fiber optic gain.
- BrainLogics Button Response System (Series 1).
- Five button MR-compatible keypads used to record participant responses.
- One left hand and one right hand unit.
- Left hand and right hand non-MR compatible button response simulators are also available for patient training.
- This system is END-OF-LIFE and is only used for legacy experiments. ALL new experiments should use the 932 Pyka.
- Avotec Audio System
- Used to communicate with subjects inside MRI scanner, can also play music, audio stimulus, and record vocal responses.
- Preferred system for mri-compatible physiological monitoring of respiration rate (chest strap), heart rate (pulse plethysmograph or EKG), and Electrodermal affect (EDA)
- Dedicated Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon laptop (Windows 10 1803) is used for Biopac acquisition using Acknowledge 4.4
Siemens Physio Monitors
- Siemens Bluetooth Physiological Monitors.
- Four lead ECG.
- Pulse oximetry.
- Respiratory waveforms.
- Physiological data can be monitored in real time and recorded for analysis making modification to Siemens sequences IDEA.
- Gating of MRI sequences using physiological data is also possible.
Eyelink 1000 Eyetracker
- MR-compatible eye tracking camera from Eyelink.
- Long range mount configuration
- Magstim Rapid 2 Transcranial Magnetic Stimulator.
- Cortical magnetic stimulation within a MRI scanner.
- Connects through a custom RF filter through a wave guide into the MR room.
- Stimulation rate controlled by E-Prime programs.