Benefits of Joining SIGN
- Socialize with students, residents, and faculty who share your interest in neurology.
- Shadow neurologists.
- Attend patient presentations and seminars.
- Develop experience, leadership, and valuable contacts.
- Join the nationwide SIGN network.
- Meet other SIGN members at the Annual Meeting.
- Apply for SIGN scholarships (see Scholarships/Awards Section for details):
- $3,000 Summer Research Scholarship
- $1,000 AAN Annual Meeting Scholarship
- Free AAN Membership, which affords the following advantages:
- Free AAN Annual Meeting registration, which includes scientific platform and poster sessions, Plenary Sessions, Colloquiums, Awards Luncheon, Opening Party, Exhibits, reduced Annual Meeting course fees and the Rush Line for courses.
- Access to AAN Practice Guidelines.
- Job Placement Tools via the Dendrite.
- Access to the On-line Fellowship Directory.
- Members-only access to the AAN’s web site.
- Opportunity to be selected as an award recipient.
- Option of subscribing to the Neurology journal at a reduced fee.
- Free online access to current and back issues of Continuum: Lifelong Learning in Neurology®
- Subscription to the member newsletter AANnews.
- Volunteer opportunities in your field of interest.
- Opportunities to network with the best neurologists from around the world.
How to Join
- Submit dues ($10) to the group’s treasurer. Dues need to be paid on an annual basis, and only dues-paying members will be eligible to receive food/drink at group events.
- Complete the application for student membership to the American Academy of Neurology (AAN). N.B.: Application must be resubmitted every year, and a student must be a member of the AAN in order to be considered for any of the AAN-sponsored scholarships/awards. Submit completed forms to group’s treasurer, who will have the forms certified by the Dean’s Office and will fax the forms to the AAN.