Pediatric Infectious Diseases
The pediatric infectious diseases division performs consultations for diagnostic evaluations and management of children with known or suspected infectious diseases and some immunodeficiencies, include HIV.
- Inpatient and outpatient consultations for infectious diseases
- Comprehensive HIV care
- Long-term antibiotic management
Pediatric residents interact with the division through formal or informal consultations and in topic-oriented teaching sessions. The elective in pediatric infectious diseases gives the resident an opportunity to see inpatient and outpatient consultations and to review the telephone consultations received by the division. Participation in clinical research projects by interested residents is encouraged. The division provides clinical instruction in infectious diseases for medical students and for residents in pediatrics and pharmacy.
- Neonatal viral infections
- Enterovirus evaluation in infants
- Antibiotic clinical trials
- Clinical and translational aspects of HIV infection