The Department of Medicine offers fellowship positions in nine medical subspecialties:
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolic Diseases
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- General Internal Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- Rheumatology & Immunology
Programs are for two or three years, depending on the subspecialty and the orientation of the trainee. These programs provide the necessary prerequisites for acceptance by the subspecialty boards of the American Board of Internal Medicine by offering subspecialty clinical training, research and didactic educational opportunities.
About 70% of the department's house staff graduates seek additional training in subspecialty fellowships, with 100% acceptance.