Submission Timeline Policy
- K Award Submissions: 3 to 6 months before submission, submit Specific Aims for SCTR review and present at Beer & Better Science
- Email Perry Halushka, M.D., Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell him that you would like to present and familiarize yourself with this informal format for presenting a research idea with a brief rationale, hypothesis, and specific aims. Since this is an informal presentation, there is no need for slides.
- 3 to 4 months before submission, submit Specific Aims page for SCTR review.
- Submit SPARC Request
- Select the SCTR box on the left side under the Service Catalog
- Select Science Consultation from the dropdown box
- 8 weeks prior to the below deadlines, submit for SCTR review of entire proposal if appropriate
- 1 month ahead:
- Determine Co-I's and Co-PI's
- Determine if there will be subawards
- 15 days ahead:
- Budget and budget justification finalized
- All MUSC biosketches and letters of support completed
- 10 days ahead:
- Facilities, equipment, project narrative and summary completed
- All subaward documents received
- 5 days ahead:
- Specific Aims, Research Strategy, Resource Sharing Plan completed
- If human subjects: General Instructions for NIH and Other PHS Agencies (PDF), page 223.
- If animals: General Instructions for NIH and Other PHS Agencies (PDF), page 142.
- The epds should begin routing to meet Department and ORSP deadlines
- Once you receive your grant outcome, please communicate with your Division Administrator about the following:
- Was the grant discussed?
- If it was scored, what score/percentile did it receive?
- Will it be resubmitted?
Important Grant Submission Details
- Complete a Grant Submission Confirmation Form
- Departmental deadline is 5 business days before the submission date.
- ORSP deadline is 3 business days before the submission date.
- Internal SCTR grants and VA Merit Awards do not run through our group but we like to know when you are applying to them.
- Outcome: The Research Administrator will reach out to each Division Administrator to find out the score/percentile for submitted grants or you can submit a Grant Score Form.
Note: If you do not have your grant submission to our office 5 days before the submission deadline, you will be required to write a justification on why your grant was late. Send your justification to Dr. Rockey, Dr. Oates, and your Division Director with a CC to Rebekah Shinta.