The CBI welcomes all MUSC researchers! To begin a study
with the CBI, you must first have IRB approval for human research or IACUC
approval for preclinical research. Next, call 843-876-2460 to obtain login
information for Calpendo, our online scheduling system, to use CBI
equipment and facilities. Please download the new project instructions (PDF) for step by step directions on how to proceed along with the new project request form you
will need to fill out. If you need assistance at any time during
this process or have any questions, please call 843-876-2460.
The CBI has created a process map to better understand the steps involved and the people responsible for bringing a new study online. Download process map (PDF).
The information below will help you get started with the CBI.
CBI Policies & Procedures
- Development Time Policy (PDF) — Updated September 2018
- Faculty and Junior Faculty Policy (PDF) — Updated March 2017
- Eye Screening Policy (PDF) — Updated March 2018
- 2 Person Policy (PDF) — Updated March 2018
- Incidental Findings Policy (PDF) — Updated August 2017
- CBI fMRI Presentation Guide and Policies (PDF) — Updated Dec 2018
You can find out everything you need to know about accessing research MRI data generated at 30 Bee Street by downloading the How to Access DICOM Data (PDF)
MRI Safety Class
- Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 1:30pm, 30 Bee Street MRI Suite
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 1:30pm, 30 Bee Street MRI Suite